Saturday, January 26, 2013

mmmmm coconut mango popsicles. happy Aussie Day!






What are you doing for Australia Day? Hopefully relaxing and enjoying all things Australian. As wet weather threatens to dampen celebrations where I am I have been busy developing Aussie-style recipes to feed my friends.
If you can find yourself some very ripe to overripe mangos (2 large ones make enough for 8 popsicles) and blitz them with 1/2 can of coconut milk you too  will have made yourself a delectable little concoction perfect for freezing as ice-blocks! Happy Australia Day!

2 comments:

  1. Great idea for using mangos--they often get away from me! One minute they're too green, and the next minute they're overripe.

    Do you think this would work with coconut water? My partner is a huge fan of coconut water in smoothies and would love to find a new use for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These sound amazing, and what a great way to use up overripe mangoes :) I bet they'd be perfect for over the summer too. I've never heard of Australia Day before, will definitely have to remember for next year x

    ReplyDelete