Wednesday, January 9, 2013

So I like to Frappé....


frap·pé

noun

chilled; iced; frozen. verb

I like to frappé. I must say there is something delightfully splendid about taking a few ingredients, whizzing in blender with ice, pouring into a beautiful glass and enjoying on a hot summer's day. 
Ok so I will stop being Nigella and cut to the chase. It's hot! Summer has shown up and suddenly I want cold, sweet things and nothing else will do. The danger is obviously giving into this and becoming a Juice Boost, or worse, McDonald's smoothie/frappé addict! Because having control issues in regards to ingredients does not mix with being such an addict I need to find other avenues to indulge my yearning for sweet, cold things and so,  I like to  frappé.
I plan to bring you lovely concoctions as I create them but this one is my favourite and while I think my blender is quite over blending it,  I am NOT,  over drinking it.  Enjoy!

Ingredients:
2 tbsps Cacao powder
1 egg
splash of coconut oil
1 cup of unsweetened almond milk
tsp Rice malt syrup
1/2 cup ice.
Method:
Blend! Blend! Blend!  It really helps the consistency if you have a good blender that can handle crushing ice easily.



No comments:

Post a Comment