Friday, April 26, 2013

Some Coconut Butter For Your Toast!










Coconut Butter (which is just the solidified oil btw) is pretty darn yummy on toast but I'm guessing you are wondering why I would be suggesting you eat toast so let's address this first.


Have I lost my freak’n mind? The answer is no. Ordinarily I would suggest staying away from toast and that other thing bread because simple carbohydrates are not our best friends, or even an acquaintance who manages a vague half-smile at the sight of you. No bread and its cousin toast are more like the neighbour you haven't spoken to in 20years because your deciduous tree keeps leaving leafy messes on their side of the fence: it hates you and given any opening would sabotage all efforts you make you slender, healthy and gawgess!


But sometimes I just need some carbs damn it. So the toast pictured is Burgen rye bread. No simple carbohydrates here (Burgen is actually one of the few low GI breads). From time to time I buy myself a loaf and slather it with avocado or peanut butter or that nut spread in the health food aisle at Coles. But most recently the spread of choice has been coconut oil – it’s seriously yummy.


TRY IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment